Tuesday, February 18, 2014

An Introduction: I'm not in the swing of things but what I really mean is..

I'm rejoining this side of the blogging universe for the first time in a few years, I'm more often a raw, bleeding out poet type (yeah yeah yeah, the tortured artist or something). I want desperately to document what God is doing within and around me.
To start with, here are a few arbitrary snippets of myself:

-I am a complicated creature of habit and simple pleasures
-I forget about my coffee until it's lukewarm most mornings and drink it anyway
-Music is essential to my comings and goings and fixations fluctuate frequently
-I have about 5 tubes of Burt's Bees lip balm, all opened and being used
-I lose things pretty regularly
-I really love raw vegetables. like really really.
-I appreciate a kooky, deadpan sense of humour
-I secretly would like to sing on Broadway one day
-I'm the most easily distracted person on the face of the planet
-I love books, words are important to me
-I'm really shy and socially awkward and introverted, definitely makes for interesting times in trying to establish friendships

I just moved a little less than a month ago from a small town in central North Carolina to another small town closer to the coast of North Carolina and am trying to figure out my place. I suppose that's what everyone is desperately trying to do in any setting. I've had a long period of spiritual rebellion up until this point and I have finally given up some level of "doing what I want". I'm in the process of learning so much and realising what all is "wrong" with me (besides the, you know, being human thing). I love and hate this place, it brings me face to face with everything I hate about myself. All the ugly, all the unsightly kinks in my spine, the chips on my shoulder, all my bruises exposed. I love it because I know this is how I get better, this is where I become more like Jesus. I hate it because I hate how ugly I am, I hate how prone I am to forgetfulness, I forget my place so often it's painful. But I'm glad these things are coming to light and I look forward to sharing my thoughts with you, the reader. Stick with me! We've got lots of worthwhile and dirty work to do.

xo Eden-Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment